The Lying Phone Call
The house phone rang and rang. No one wanted to pick it up. Well basicly, everyone was just to lazy to get off their fat ass, stop doing what they were doing and get the phone. I thought it stopped ringing. No one really cares actually. But then it rang again. My youngest sister ran to pick it up. I guess she couldn't stand the annoying ring tone our house phone has. I should write a mental note to change the ring tone. Anyway, as she was talking to the not-going-to-be-revealed caller, she had her eyes on me. As if the call was for me. And my guess was right. The phone call is for me. I wonder who would that be. As, usually, my friends would just call my handphone and not my house phone.
So, curiousity began to arouse in me. I was actually online, and writing on my blog when this happened, which is yesterday. I held the phone up to my ear and listened. At first, I thought the caller had hung up, so I decided to just end the call as I hate to be distracted when im in the middle of doing something. Especially writing my blog. But i paused, when i heard a cough from the unknown caller. So there was someone on the other line, I thought to myself.
''Hello ?''
''.... Can you hear me ?''
''Yes, who is this ?''
''Its *******, can we talk ?''
''Ohh, *******. Yea. i guess.''
"I have something to tell you, I should've told you long ago but, I couldnt.''
"Umm.. What is this about ?"
"He's been ********************************************************"
(SPEECHLESS)
"Please don't be sad. Im asking you a favour, to *******************************"
"I'll try."
I heard the caller hung up. Click.
End of call.
I didnt know whether or not to believe what HeShe had said.
I felt betrayed and vulnerable.
I felt like I had lost someone whom I was supose to be able to trust.
I was right again.
You can never trust anyone fully.
Im not saying that there are zero human in this world that are trustworthy.
Im just saying that those humans are at extinction.
I didnt know what to do.
I didnt tell anyone about it.
But right now I am just expressing whatever im feeling.
I am aware that people might ask me about this.
This is just something I wrote.
A short story.
To be continued.
Thats the answer, so don't ask.
Have you ever felt this feeling when you know something and you know that,
it might be the truth. But at the same time you dont really want to believe it ?
So you ignore it. Play the pretend game. Keep it to yourself as it slowly eat you from the inside.
In the end you feel hollow and empty and ALONE. Despite all that, you still continue to lie.
Yes. LIE. Why do we lie ? Im sure everyone does it. Small lies, little lies, white lies, big lies whatever lies. We all do it anyway. Its still lying. So if you do it. Then you have to accept it when people lie to you. Is that how it works ? How cruel. It hurts. Doesnt it ?
My point of view, is that, there are acceptable lies.
Im just not sure if this one is.
So, curiousity began to arouse in me. I was actually online, and writing on my blog when this happened, which is yesterday. I held the phone up to my ear and listened. At first, I thought the caller had hung up, so I decided to just end the call as I hate to be distracted when im in the middle of doing something. Especially writing my blog. But i paused, when i heard a cough from the unknown caller. So there was someone on the other line, I thought to myself.
''Hello ?''
''.... Can you hear me ?''
''Yes, who is this ?''
''Its *******, can we talk ?''
''Ohh, *******. Yea. i guess.''
"I have something to tell you, I should've told you long ago but, I couldnt.''
"Umm.. What is this about ?"
"He's been ********************************************************"
(SPEECHLESS)
"Please don't be sad. Im asking you a favour, to *******************************"
"I'll try."
I heard the caller hung up. Click.
End of call.
I didnt know whether or not to believe what HeShe had said.
I felt betrayed and vulnerable.
I felt like I had lost someone whom I was supose to be able to trust.
I was right again.
You can never trust anyone fully.
Im not saying that there are zero human in this world that are trustworthy.
Im just saying that those humans are at extinction.
I didnt know what to do.
I didnt tell anyone about it.
But right now I am just expressing whatever im feeling.
I am aware that people might ask me about this.
This is just something I wrote.
A short story.
To be continued.
Thats the answer, so don't ask.
Have you ever felt this feeling when you know something and you know that,
it might be the truth. But at the same time you dont really want to believe it ?
So you ignore it. Play the pretend game. Keep it to yourself as it slowly eat you from the inside.
In the end you feel hollow and empty and ALONE. Despite all that, you still continue to lie.
Yes. LIE. Why do we lie ? Im sure everyone does it. Small lies, little lies, white lies, big lies whatever lies. We all do it anyway. Its still lying. So if you do it. Then you have to accept it when people lie to you. Is that how it works ? How cruel. It hurts. Doesnt it ?
My point of view, is that, there are acceptable lies.
Im just not sure if this one is.


Comments
Post a Comment